- 📍 Start: Angers
- 🙌 Level: Intermediate
- ⌛ Distance: 100 km
- ⛰️ Elevation gain: 690 m
- From €35 incl. VAT
Lovers of gravel, a 100 km sporting tour made for you. Three-quarters of this route is made up of pure gravel paths and dirt trails.
For cyclists passionate about Gravel, the paths of the Gravel100 offer up a summary of Anjou landscapes: between the Loire and the wooded countryside, ride on paths where forests and ponds follow one after the other until La Possonnière; cross the royal river then take on the slopes of the Aubance and the Layon, before continuing through the forest, the vineyard and the Château de Brissac. Finally, ride alongside the banks of the Loire before reaching Angers and the Nature is Bike Village at Lake Maine. Two “ravito” stops punctuate the route and allow you to recharge your batteries, then, once you’ve passed the finish line in the heart of the Gravel and Adventure-Biking Show, share your experience of the adventure of the DT Swiss Gravel100 between riders with an exclusive “Nature is Bike” drink.
- START TIME AND LOCATIONSunday, 18 June at 08:00 in Angers at Lake Maine, in the heart of the Gravel and Adventure-Biking Show.
- DISTANCE:100 km
- ELEVATION GAIN:+/- 690 m
- ROUTE: From the dedicated GPX track, a route that fulfils all the promises of Nature is Bike – three-quarters of the paths are 100% gravel (gravel paths, forest and wine rails and small roads through fields).
- TYPE OF EVENT:Untimed sporting tour, exclusively gravel, with no ranking or performance measurement, in compliance with the rules of the road. The GRAVEL100 is open to all trained cyclists.
- REGISTRATION & CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: Limited to 500 participants. Men and women over 18. Members (FFC, FSGT, UFOLEP and FF.TRI upon presentation of federation membership) or non-members (or members of any other cycling or sports federation upon delivery of the Medical Certificate of Absence of Contraindication for the practice of competitive cycling).
- PERMITTED BIKES:Specific gravel and cyclo-cross bikes, equipped with round road handlebars and tyres with a cross-section over 32 mm.. Electric gravel bikes permitted.
- NON-PERMITTED BIKES:Mountain/hybrid bike and any other type with a flat handlebar.
- MANDATORY EQUIPMENT: Mandatory cycling and sports equipment for the entire duration of the event as well as other equipment strongly recommended by the organisers are specified in the event rules.
- Early-bird rate applicable from 2 February 2023 to 31 March 2023:
€35.00 incl. VAT FFC, FSGT, UFOLEP or F.F.TR member
€36.40 incl. VAT Non-member and member of any other cycling or sports federation
- Rate applicable from 1 April to 15 May 2023:
€45.00 incl. VAT FFC, FSGT, UFOLEP or F.F.TR member
€46.40 incl. VAT Non-member and member of any other cycling or sports federation
- RULES OF THE EVENT: Download the rules of the DT Swiss Gravel100
- Registration, equipment check and general briefing
- A numbered GPS beacon (to be returned)
- The route’s GPX track
- A safety and emergency device
- Plenty of encouragement along the way
- The Nature is Bike pack
- A numbered bicycle plate
- A friendly gathering on Saturday, 17 June at 16:00, in the Village (Lake Maine, Angers)
- A drink to share on the finish line
- Access to the Village, including: The Gravel and Adventure-Biking show and the conferences and entertainment of the Forum
- Nature is Bike prize money
- Energy bars offered by Cook&Run
- Nutrition and refreshment points in partnership with Cook&run
To be booked upon registration
- Dedicated storage space for participants’ bikes in Angers on the Nature is Bike Village site from 16 to 18 June 2023 – €5.00 incl. VAT
- BBQ party – Saturday, 17 June 2023 – 20:00 – 02:00 – Nature is Bike Village, Angers Evening party including dinner, a glass of beer, a glass of wine and musical entertainment – €26.00 incl. VAT
Discover the BBQ party
Destination Angers has prepared a selection of accommodation: hotels, holiday villages, campsites… in Angers near the Nature is Bike Village and on the outskirts of the city from the moment you arrive on 16 June, and to take full advantage of the Nature is Bike festival on 17 and 18 June 2023*.
Offer reserved for Nature is Bike participants.