- 📍 Start: Angers
- 🙌 Level: Hard
- ⌛ Distance: 320 km over two days
- ⛰️ Elevation gain: 2500 m
- From €119 incl. VAT
Gravel of Legend Legendre GOLD Bikepacking Specialized
With this new ultra bikepacking event, the GRAVEL OF LEGEND LEGENDRE takes on a whole new face. Experience the fully self-supported GOLD BIKEPACKING SPECIALIZED adventure, with no assistance and all your equipment (food, drinks, cycling clothing and camping equipment, repair equipment and tools for any technical issues, etc.).
Push yourself to the limit and test your physical strength while feasting on incredible landscapes between Normandy, Brittany and the Pays de la Loire.
- Operation GOLD: Gravel of Legend Specialized GOLD Bikepacking
- D-Day: Friday, 16 June 2023 – 06:00
- Start time and location: 06:00, at low tide, on the Gold Beach in Arromanches-les-Bains (Joint start with the adventurers of the Legendre Gravel of Legend).
- Objective: Reach Angers – Pays de la Loire, at the heart of the Gravel Festival
- Distance: About 320 km
- Elevation gain: Approximately 2,500 m positive elevation gain
- Route: From the dedicated GPX track
- Type of event: The GOLD Bikepacking Specialized is not a race but an independent Gravel Ultra cycling tour. Untimed, with no rankings or measurement of performance: completed in compliance with the rules of the road. Gold Bikepacking is open to any cyclist trained in endurance and stamina.
- Bivouac: Camping halfway through, a delicious night in a bivouac around a fire, to share with the Gold Bikepackers.
- Feature: Travel the 320 km in a maximum of 38 hours.
- Registration and conditions of participation: Limited to 200 participants; Men and women over 18; FFC, FSGT, UFOLEP and FF.TRI members upon presentation of federation membership, non-members (or for any other cyclist or sports membership) upon delivery of a Medical Certificate of Absence of Contraindication for the practice of competitive cycling.
- Permitted bikes: Specific gravel and cyclo-cross bikes, equipped with round road handlebars and tyres with a cross-section over 32 mm.
- Non-permitted bikes: Mountain/hybrid bike and any other type with a flat handlebar.
- Mandatory equipment: Mandatory bikepacking cycling and sports equipment for the entire duration of the event as well as other equipment strongly recommended by the organisers are specified in the event rules.
- Rates: Early-bird rate applicable from 14 December 2022 to 3 February 2023
- FFC, FSGT, UFOLEP or F.F.TRI Member: €119 incl. VAT
- Non-member or member of any other cycling or sports federation: €124.15 incl. VAT
- Rate applicable from 1 February 2023:
- FFC, FSGT, UFOLEP or F.F.TRI Member: €139 incl. VAT
- Non-member or member of any other cycling or sports federation: €144.15 incl. VAT
- Rules of the event: Download the rules of the Specialized GOLD Bikepacking
- Registration, equipment check and general briefing
- A numbered GPS beacon (to be returned)
- The route’s GPX track
- A safety and emergency device
- A numbered bicycle plate
- The Tactic Specialized Gold Bikepacking collector’s jersey
- A bivouac to pitch your tent (or sleep under the stars if you prefer)
- Bivouac dinner on Friday, 16 June 2023
- A country breakfast on Saturday, 17 June 2023
- A friendly event dedicated to bikepackers on Saturday, 17 June 2023 at 18:00 – Nature is Bike Village, Angers
- Plenty of encouragement along the way
- The Nature is Bike pack
- Access to the Village, including: The Gravel and Adventure-Biking Show and the conferences and entertainment of the Forum
- Nature is Bike prize money
- Energy bars offered by Cook&Run
- Nutrition and refreshment points in partnership with Cook&run
This new route between land and sea is an opportunity to turn your legs before the GRAVEL OF LEGEND LEGENDRE or GOLD BIKEPACKING SPECIALIZED, while discovering the beauty of the Normandy landscapes, the Bessin and more particularly the D-Day landing beaches.
Departure : Arromanches les Bains, Thursday 15th June 2023, free time
Free warm up – 40km approximately – The track will be sent to all participants GRAVEL OF LEGEND LEGENDRE or GOLD BIKEPACKING SPECIALIZED “
To simplify the logistics of this cycling epic, we offer services for you and your gravel bike:
Angers-Arromanches shuttle – 15 June 2023 at 09:00 – Bus with trailer equipped for the transport of gravel bikes (arrival in Arromanches-les-Bains around 14:00)
Angers-Arromanches shuttle – 18 June 2023 at 14:00. – Bus with trailer equipped for the transport of gravel bikes (arrival in Arromanches-les-Bains around 19:00)
Dedicated storage room for the gravel bikes of participants in an enclosed and guarded site in Arromanches-les-Bains on the night of 15 to 16 June 2023.
Luggage service: transfer of participants’ luggage between Arromanches and Angers. Accessible before the start of Gravel of Legend.
1 storage space dedicated to participants’ bikes in Angers on the Gravel Festival site from 16 to 18 June 2023
BBQ party – Saturday, 17 June 2023 – 20:00 – 02:00 – Nature is Bike Village, Angers Evening party including dinner, a glass of beer, a glass of wine and musical entertainment – €26.00 incl. VAT
Register for the BBQ party
TO BE BOOKED UPON REGISTRATION
Book your accommodation in Arromanches-les-Bains Nature is Bike recommends a selection of accommodation: hotels, holiday villages, campsites… in Arromanches-lès-Bains in Normandy, in the immediate vicinity of the Gravel of Legend start site for your overnight stay from 15 to 16 June. Offer reserved for GOLD participants.
* Recommended for GOLD and Nature is Bike participants
Destination Angers has prepared a selection of accommodation: hotels, holiday villages, campsites… in Angers near the Nature is Bike Village and on the outskirts of the city from the moment you arrive on 16 June, and to take full advantage of the Nature is Bike festival on 17 and 18 June 2023*.
Offer reserved for Nature is Bike participants.